Valentine’s Day… a day to celebrate the love between you and your significant other. A day where you get to be as mushy as you want without anyone judging you. We shower others with love on this special day. But how do you celebrate Valentine’s Day if you’re single? You could sit around moping over how lonely you are or, you could celebrate yourself.
This is my first Valentine’s Day in years that I’m single. Which means there will be no gift-giving. There’s no one to shower me with love or buy me my favorite flowers. As of now, I don’t feel as sad about it as I thought I would. I’m sure this will change once I see the lovers up and down my social media. I’ve decided that I’m going to spend Valentine’s Day catering to myself. All the love I desire from another? I’m going to give it to myself. I deserve it. If you’re spending Valentine’s Day alone, know that it’s ok! Know that you can still have an amazing day filled with self-love and self-care.
Self-care for Valentine’s Day
- Buy yourself flowers or whatever kind of gift you love. Show yourself some appreciation. Treat yourself! I absolutely love buying myself roses every chance I get.
- Do something that brings you joy. This can be anything. For me, this will probably look like doing some creative writing or dancing around my kitchen with a glass of wine.
- Wake up and practice gratitude. Write out 5-10 things you’re grateful for. This serves as a good reminder that your life has meaning.
- Write yourself a love letter. This is something I’m definitely going to implement into my day. I think the practice of writing yourself a love letter is the ultimate way to express how much you love and appreciate yourself. You can talk about anything you want to in your letter.
- Pamper yourself. Take a bubble bath, rub on your favorite moisturizer, and put on a face mask.
- Cook yourself a meal or take yourself out to eat. Going on dates isn’t just for those boo’d up. When you’re single the best thing you can do is date yourself.
- Spend time with family or make plans with friends. If you’re dealing with feelings of loneliness, surround yourself with those you love.
- Relax with your favorite show/movie. There’s nothing I love more than chowing down on delicious food while binge-watching my favorite series.
- Indulge in a glass of wine…or two. What better way to celebrate than with your favorite wine?
- Masturbate. Who says you can’t have sexy time when you’re single? Self-pleasure can be such a beautiful experience. Allow yourself to let loose, maybe even trying a new sex toy.
Regardless of whether you choose to spend your day celebrating, or you do nothing more than lay in bed all day, know that you are worthy. You are whole on your own and you don’t need anyone else to complete you. I’m sending you so much love and positive energy!
Photo by Rinck Content Studio on Unsplash
2 thoughts on “10 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day If You’re Single”
Reblogged this on Love and Love Alone.
LikeLiked by 1 person