Many times, when we think of Valentine’s Day, we focus on relationships and romantic gestures. Hardly do we think of showering ourselves with love. We stress over not having a significant other or if we have one, how to celebrate on this special day. When you’re single, seeing pink and red decorations and all the gift giving on social media, can leave you feeling sick. However, you can make this day about you. Here are 11 ways to show yourself love this Valentine’s Day.
- Buy yourself flowers. In a previous post I talked about my experience buying myself a bouquet of roses. This is a great way to say to yourself, “I appreciate you.”
- Do something that brings you joy. This can be anything!
- Cook yourself a meal or take yourself out to eat. Going out isn’t just for those who are boo’d up. Treat yourself!
- Make plans with your friends. If you don’t want to be alone, invite your friends to do something fun.
- Pamper yourself. Run a bubble bath, rub on your favorite oil, and put on a face mask.
- Fire up the oven! Buy your favorite cake mix or cookie dough and bake a sweet treat.
- Spend time with family. If you’re dealing with feelings of loneliness, surround yourself with loved ones.
- Relax with your favorite show/movie. I love laying in bed, binge-watching an addicting series.
- Allow yourself to get lost in a good book.
- Buy yourself a gift. Again, treat yourself to something you’ve had your eye on.
- Write yourself a love letter. Talk about all the things you like or love about yourself. Make a list of what brings you joy.
Regardless of your relationship status or how you’re spending Valentine’s Day, remember you are worthy of love from others and you deserve to love yourself.
P.S. Even if you are in a relationship, you can still apply these activities to your life!