Sharing my past mental-health related blog posts.
Hello! It’s World Bipolar Day and I wanted to share with you some important things I want others to know about bipolar disorder and how it affects me.
- Bipolar disorder is a mood disorder characterized by extreme ups and downs or highs and lows. The highs are known as mania and the lows are known as depression. There are various emotions that make up the mood swings. These mood swings are also known as episodes.
- While everyone experiences ups and downs what individuals with bipolar disorder experience is more severe than the every day highs and lows.
- There is no cure for bipolar disorder but there is treatment. Effective treatment for me consists of medication and therapy.
- The medications I take are not “happy pills”. In order for my meds to work properly I have to take them at the same time every day/night.
- Even with proper treatment I can still have a relapse…
View original post 485 more words