Sharing my past mental-health related blog posts.
I’m determined to do all that I can to spread awareness for mental health and with it being suicide prevention month I wanted to share this post. There is still so much I am learning and while I educate myself I hope to enlighten others.
- Over 40,000 Americans die by suicide each year
- Every 12.3 minutes an American commits suicide
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States
- It’s the 2nd leading cause of death for ages 44 and under
- The 5th leading cause of death for ages 45-54
- More than 800,000 people worldwide die from suicide each year
- About 75 percent of people who die by suicide show some warning signs
- On average, there are 117 suicides per day
- For every suicide there are 25 suicide attempts
- 90 percent of all people who die by suicide have a diagnosable psychiatric disorder at the…
View original post 534 more words